Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Recipe: Granola Bars

Jaime at Thriving Food Storage, Posted this delicious granola bar recipe. I thought you might enjoy it!

Granola Bars






A few days ago my sister who has helped me with the design of my blog sent me a txt asking when I changed my blog.  I had no idea what she was talking about as I had not changed anything on it.  After a minute she realized she was at the wrong blog.  She went to self reliance by Jamie.I can see how she would get that confused with mine.  We have the same name and I sell Shelf reliance products.  Anyways I asked her to send me the link to the blog so I could take a look.  I was very impressed with what I was seeing.  I looked through her blog and found some yummy sounding recipes and great info.  I love a good food storage/emergency preparedness blog and another I have found.I am all about making homemade when I can.  I have been trying for about a year now to find a good granola bar recipe.  I have tried several different recipes and they have all tasted good. BUT when I go to cut them into bars they either crumble or fall apart when I pick them up.  My other problem is I compare them to store bought granola bars.  With these I need to remember that the homemade bars are not going to be like the store bought bars.  Anyways Jamie at self reliance by Jamie  about a year ago posted a recipe for granola bars.  They looked and sounded good so I tried her recipe yesterday.  Oh my goodness....I found my granola bar recipe.  Thanks Jamie!  These not only taste good but I was able to cut them into bars and they held up!!!Granola Bars
4 1/2 c rolled oats (regular, not quick)

1 c flour ( I like to use whole wheat flour)

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp vanilla

2/3 c butter, melted

1/2 c honey

1/3 c brown sugar, packed

1/2 c mini chocolate chips (raisins, craisins, other dried fruit, whatever you like!)

Combine all ingredients but the chocolate chips (or whatever you are putting in). Mix and then add the chocolate chips in and mix again. Press into a greased pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Enjoy!!


**this is a basic recipe. . . if you like other things, try putting them in and make it your own recipe! Nuts, seeds, coconut, peanut butter. . . the options are endless!**

Don't these look yummy!! I can't wait to make them for my family!!

What is your favorite granola recipe? Share your link in a comment below!



~ Go to TawnysThrivingHome.com to shop products and get the best deals on food storage and emergency preparation products.~~Always be in the know… Sign Up for my Newsletter~

8 comments:

  1. Mmm I LOVE making my own granola bars, so so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AFAICT you've coerved all the bases with this answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really cfonsued, and this answered all my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I woke up down today. You’ve ceheerd me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you! I hadn't thoguht of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy that rellay helps me the heck out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’re the one with the brnais here. I’m watching for your posts.

    ReplyDelete