Thursday, June 2, 2011

Recipe: 5 Minute Please Everyone Taco Night

Have I mentioned we have a rather crazy dynamic to our household right now?  This mean, it's incredibly hard to please everyone. I have never been, and will never be, one to make different or special meals for everyone in the household.  Everyone in the family was incredibly happy to hear my new idea for tonight's dinner: 5 Minute-Please-Everyone-Tacos. With this easy dinner, everyone can make what they like!


I love Taco TVP. It is my number one 'go to' item. I use it in everything!


Tonight I made taco, nachos, and a taco salad in less time than it takes to order at the fast food restaurant!! And did so with zero added preservative, salts, or sugar! I fed my family REAL healthy food. And did it in less than 5 minutes!


5 Minute Taco Night

You Will Need:

*Thrive Taco TVP         *Lettuce              *Salsa

*Thrive onions              *Tomatoes          *Corn chips

*Thrive Peppers           *Cheese                *Tortillas

Directions:

1.Reconstitute enough TVP for your family's needs. Remember the TVP almost doubles when reconstituted. For example, if you need 1 cup of TVP, reconstitute half a cup. I reconstitute my TVP by covering it in HOT water and letting it sit. I drain off any excess water. 2. Reconstitute onions and peppers to meet you family's needs. Again, cover with water, let sit, and drain excess water.

3. While your other ingredients are reconstituting, warm your tortillas in the over. I warm mine at 300F for 5 min.

4. Again while other ingredients are reconstituting, chop lettuce and tomatoes.

5. I keep grated cheese in my fridge, but if you don't, now is a great time to grate that cheese. You could also reconstitute some yummy Thrive freeze dried cheese.

6. Open your chips and salsa.

7. Serve


I serve this 'buffet style' and let everyone make his or her own plate. Some make Taco Salad with a salsa dressing, some have tacos, some have nachos, and some have a combination of them all! It is a real crowd pleaser!


This is also GREAT served with Beans! Yummy!!


Who doesn't love a crowd pleaser that is healthy and can be prepared in less time than it takes to order at a fast food restaurant?


What are your favorite quick recipes? Do you have a yummy taco meat or taco TVP recipe you would like to share? Comment below.



~ Go to TawnysThrivingHome.com to shop products and get the best deals on food storage and emergency preparation products.~


~Always be in the know… Sign Up for my Newsletter~

No comments:

Post a Comment